A look into the writing for my debut novel, Étouffée. Also, look out for Creole related news, events and updates.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flattered by rejection

I wanted to enclose an email I received from a top literary agent yesterday. Check it out below. Although they chose not to take on the project I'm not disappointed at all. It only takes 1 yes in this business. Thanks for reading....duces

Dear Mr. Jolivette:  Thank you for submitting your query for our consideration.  Étouffée sounds like a very interesting story.  I have decided to pass on this project, however, as we are unable to give it the attention it deserves at this time.  I wish you success in finding a suitable home for Étouffée.  Again, thank you for considering us. Best regards,  *********

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry Charlie, it'll happen for you soon!!!